Wells Real Estate Funds
Leo F. Wells, III founded Wells Real Estate Funds, Inc. (Wells) in 1984, pioneering a disciplined core office real estate investment philosophy of low debt, high-quality tenants, and long-term leases. In three decades, the company has sponsored 30-plus real estate programs and invested more than $12 billion in real estate for over 300,000 investors.
During this time, Wells also assembled two of the largest and highest-rated portfolios of Class-A office real estate in nontraded REIT history and earned recognition as ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for the company's energy conservation efforts.
- CatchMark Timber Trust, Inc. (formerly Wells Timberland REIT)
- Columbia Property Trust, Inc. (formerly Wells REIT II)
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (formerly Wells REIT)
- Signature Office REIT, Inc. (formerly Wells Core Office Income REIT, Inc.; Wells REIT III, Inc.)
Sponsor Contact Information
Wells Real Estate
5445 Triangle Pkwy.
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Total Equity Raised** (NTR)
Number of Liquidity Events*** (NTR)
* Total assets for all active alternative investments at most recent quarter end.
** During offering periods, including DRIP proceeds, for all offerings.
*** As defined by Blue Vault where total liquidity has been achieved for common stock.
(Data current through Q4 2016)
Please note the following when reviewing the product detail table(s) below:
- Total Asset figures listed are from the last quarter reported prior to the full-cycle event (or merger with another firm).
- Blue Vault does not consider it a full liquidity event for the common shareholders until they can sell their shares or get cashed out completely.
- Signature Office REIT, Inc. merged with the nontraded REIT Griffin Capital Essential Asset REIT (GCEAR) on June 10, 2015. Blue Vault does not consider this to be a full-cycle event because shareholders received 2.04 shares of GCEAR per share of Signature Office REIT. When GCEAR has a full-cycle event, Signature Office REIT, Inc. will also be classified as full-cycle.
Signature Office REIT, Inc.
CatchMark Timber Trust, Inc.
Columbia Property Trust, Inc.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc.