Wells Real Estate Funds
Leo F. Wells, III founded Wells Real Estate Funds, Inc. (Wells) in 1984, pioneering a disciplined core office real estate investment philosophy of low debt, high-quality tenants, and long-term leases. In three decades, the company has sponsored 30-plus real estate programs and invested more than $12 billion in real estate for over 300,000 investors.
During this time, Wells also assembled two of the largest and highest-rated portfolios of Class-A office real estate in nontraded REIT history and earned recognition as ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for the company's energy conservation efforts.
- CatchMark Timber Trust, Inc. (formerly Wells Timberland REIT)
- Columbia Property Trust, Inc. (formerly Wells REIT II)
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (formerly Wells REIT)
- Signature Office REIT, Inc. (formerly Wells Core Office Income REIT, Inc.; Wells REIT III, Inc.)
Sponsor Contact Information
Wells Real Estate
5445 Triangle Pkwy.
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
NTR: Not Applicable
Total Equity Raised**
NTR: $11.3 Billion
Number of Liquidity Events***
* Total assets for all active alternative investments at most recent quarter end.
** During offering periods, including DRIP proceeds, for all offerings.
*** As defined by Blue Vault where total liquidity has been achieved for common stock.
(Data current as of March 31, 2017)
Please note the following when reviewing the product detail table(s) below:
- Total Asset figures listed are from the last quarter reported prior to the full-cycle event (or merger with another firm).
- Blue Vault does not consider it a full liquidity event for the common shareholders until they can sell their shares or get cashed out completely.
Signature Office REIT, Inc.
CatchMark Timber Trust, Inc.
Columbia Property Trust, Inc.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc.