September 13, 2023
KBRA Releases Research – Second-Quarter 2023 Business Development Company (BDC) Ratings Compendium
KBRA Releases Research–Second-Quarter 2023 Business Development Company (BDC) Ratings Compendium
September 7, 2023 | Business Wire
KBRA releases its Business Development Company Ratings Compendium, which looks at results for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, and offers a review of perpetual continuously offered non-traded BDCs as well as recent industry developments. KBRA believes that despite recent headwinds, including a potential recession and asset quality uncertainty, the BDCs in its coverage universe remain stable with few near-term maturities and solid credit metrics, including comfortable liquidity, low non-accruals, and appropriate leverage.
- BDCs continue to gain market share at the expense of banks and the broadly syndicated markets—a trend that has dominated for several years, boosted by the creation of perpetual continuously offered non-traded BDCs and the expansion into global wealth channels (accredited investors).
- BDCs account for less than 20% of the total global direct lending market and have the capacity to continue increasing share.
- As BDCs continue to broaden their market share, they have underwritten loans upmarket to include portfolio companies with EBITDA in excess of $100 million. These loans may better withstand a recession, and private credit overall has achieved more attractive pricing, higher original issue discount (OID), and, in some cases, tighter covenants.
- Cantor Fitzgerald and Silverstein Properties Announce Joint Venture Partnership with Collins Capital Partners and Kaufman Jacobs and Closing of Construction Financing for Multifamily Opportunity Zone Development in Chesterfield County, VA
- Cultivating Wealth via Specialty Farmland
- Shopoff Sells Del Taco-Anchored Retail Center in Fullerton
- Urban Catalyst Floats Housing Instead Of Offices At Icon/Echo
- ExchangeRight’s Essential Income REIT Acquires $84 Million Portfolio
- ADISA Announces Winners of its ACE, Distinguished Service and President’s Awards
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Marketing Execution
- Clip: The Right Investment Manager is Crucial to Success
- Strategic Capital Fund Management Continues Its Expansion with Chief Financial Officer Hire
- Altigo Surpasses $2B in Transactions