May 31, 2023
Blackstone Completes Acquisition of Majority Stake of Copeland, Formerly Emerson Climate Technologies
May 31, 2023 | Blackstone
Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and Emerson (NYSE: EMR) today announced that private equity funds managed by Blackstone (“Blackstone”) have completed the previously announced acquisition of a majority stake in Emerson’s Climate Technologies business in a transaction valuing the business at $14.0 billion. This closing marks a significant milestone in the HVAC and refrigeration (HVACR) industry leader’s journey to advance the next generation of climate technologies.
The new standalone business will be named Copeland – building on the brand’s 100-year legacy, global recognition and influence across the HVACR industry. As a standalone company focused on serving the global HVACR market, Copeland’s product portfolio includes market-leading compressors, controls, thermostats, valves, software and monitoring solutions for residential, commercial and industrial customers. Copeland had fiscal 2022 net sales of $5.0 billion.
“Copeland has long been a pioneer in the HVAC and refrigeration industries with unmatched capabilities in engineering, design and innovation,” said Ross B. Shuster, Chief Executive Officer of Copeland. “With the focus that comes from being a standalone company, and the support of our shareholders, Blackstone and Emerson, we plan to extend the company’s leadership position in the industry and develop new and integrated climate technology solutions. The Copeland business is made up of over 18,000 talented team members, who are aligned and committed to developing technologies and solutions that drive decarbonization at scale, accelerate the global trend of electrification and deliver greater value for our customers and end users.”
- Cantor Fitzgerald and Silverstein Properties Announce Joint Venture Partnership with Collins Capital Partners and Kaufman Jacobs and Closing of Construction Financing for Multifamily Opportunity Zone Development in Chesterfield County, VA
- Cultivating Wealth via Specialty Farmland
- Shopoff Sells Del Taco-Anchored Retail Center in Fullerton
- Urban Catalyst Floats Housing Instead Of Offices At Icon/Echo
- ExchangeRight’s Essential Income REIT Acquires $84 Million Portfolio
- ADISA Announces Winners of its ACE, Distinguished Service and President’s Awards
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Marketing Execution
- Clip: The Right Investment Manager is Crucial to Success
- Strategic Capital Fund Management Continues Its Expansion with Chief Financial Officer Hire
- Altigo Surpasses $2B in Transactions