September 6, 2023
Blackstone Sells Control of 11-Property Apartment Portfolio
August 31, 2023 | Mark Heschmeyer and Andria Cheng | CoStar News
Deal Reflects Investment Giant’s Strategy To Own Newer, Mainly Sun Belt Properties
Blackstone Group has sold a majority stake in an 11-property multifamily portfolio in New York as the world’s largest commercial real estate owner focuses more on residential rental investments across growing Sun Belt markets and other property types such as data centers.
The move comes as New York-based Blackstone, like most landlords, also has been dealing with looming loan payments in a challenging economic environment with higher interest rates that raise borrowing costs, especially for floating-rate debt.
“This legacy urban apartment investment faced challenges because significant capital was required to bring the 60+-year-old product up to our standards and is not representative of the strength we’re seeing in our broader rental housing portfolio, which is nearly 40 years newer on average and highly concentrated in the Sun Belt,” a spokesperson for Blackstone told CoStar News in an email.
- Cantor Fitzgerald and Silverstein Properties Announce Joint Venture Partnership with Collins Capital Partners and Kaufman Jacobs and Closing of Construction Financing for Multifamily Opportunity Zone Development in Chesterfield County, VA
- Cultivating Wealth via Specialty Farmland
- Shopoff Sells Del Taco-Anchored Retail Center in Fullerton
- Urban Catalyst Floats Housing Instead Of Offices At Icon/Echo
- ExchangeRight’s Essential Income REIT Acquires $84 Million Portfolio
- ADISA Announces Winners of its ACE, Distinguished Service and President’s Awards
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Marketing Execution
- Clip: The Right Investment Manager is Crucial to Success
- Strategic Capital Fund Management Continues Its Expansion with Chief Financial Officer Hire
- Altigo Surpasses $2B in Transactions