Green Street Reports CRE Property Prices Flat in 2017
January 5, 2017 | James Sprow | Blue Vault
The Green Street Commercial Property Price Index was essentially unchanged in December. The index, which measures values across five major property sectors, declined by less than 1% in 2017. “Property pricing as a whole ended the year where it started it, but performance in 2017 really depended on the type of property,” said Peter Rothemund, Senior Analyst at Green Street Advisors. “Industrial, life science, medical office, and manufactured home parks all were up big last year, while mall values fell more than 10%. Everything else was somewhere in between.”
Green Street’s Commercial Property Price Index is a time series of unleveraged U.S. commercial property values that captures the prices at which commercial real estate transactions are currently being negotiated and contracted. Features that differentiate this index are its timeliness, its emphasis on high-quality properties, and its ability to capture changes in the aggregate value of the commercial property sector.
About Green Street Advisors Founded in 1985, Green Street Advisors is the preeminent independent research and advisory firm concentrating on the commercial real estate industry in North America and Europe. The company is a leading provider of real estate analytics, research, and data on both the listed and private markets. Green Street also offers investment research on Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and trading services to equity investors. Additional information on Green Street Advisors is available online at www.greenstreetadvisors.com.
Blue Vault's Nontraded REIT Research
The Nontraded REIT Industry Review is a quarterly publication available by subscription only. The 90+ page report consolidates data from public sources into a user-friendly format. Every nontraded REIT, open and closed, is included in Blue Vault’s quarterly Review until there is a full and complete liquidity event. No REIT is excluded. Each report includes:
- Over 20 key performance metrics with peer comparisons for more than 70 individual nontraded REITs (open and closed NTRs)
- Analysis of each specific asset class, rotating quarterly, and the REITs that primarily invest in the corresponding asset class (each asset class is analyzed approximately once per year)
- Commentary on the commercial real estate market in general
- Commentary on real estate trends and analysis for the nontraded REIT industry as a whole
- Overview of liquidity events occurring during the corresponding quarter
- Numerous pages of informative industry data
Curious about becoming a Blue Vault Subscriber?
Financial advisors contact Dawn McDaniel at Dawn.McDaniel@BlueVaultPartners.com or 678-456-4787.
Product sponsors contact Brooke Heffington at Brooke.Heffington@BlueVaultPartners.com or 678-456-4290.
Contact Betsy Ricks at Betsy.Ricks@BlueVaultPartners.com or 678-456-4640 if you are a:
- •Broker Dealer
- •Real estate investment company
- •Investment bank
- •Retail investor
- •Any entity other than a sponsor or financial advisor with a retail book of business
Contact Brooke Heffington at Brooke.Heffington@BlueVaultPartners.com or 678-456-4290 for information on advertising, reprint licensing or custom research.
Blue Vault does not offer investment advice and does not make buy or sell recommendations for any of the Interval Funds and nontraded Closed-End Funds monitored.