2015 Annual Brief Nontraded REIT Year in Review
Coming after a record year for fundraising in the nontraded BDC industry, 2015 was not expected to match the over $6 billion in new equity sales that 2014 held. Our original expectation was for the industry to raise at least $5 billion in 2015. Due to a slowdown in sales overall and one of the largest capital raising sponsors, AR Capital, leaving the industry, the capital raise for BDCs saw a more than 30% decline in sales.
- The industry raised an estimated $4.3 billion.
- There were five new offerings which equaled the most since 2012.
This report will summarize and illustrate the most important trends in the nontraded BDC industry observed in 2015.
- Capital Raise: Total Industry and By Sponsor
- Sponsor Trends and New Fund Offerings
- Total Returns of Nontraded BDCs
- Distribution Yields and Trends
- Innovations in Fund Structures and Fees
The 2015 BDC Brief is now available to all Blue Vault Subscribers. Log in to BlueVaultPartners.com and click on “Subscriber-Only Research” in the top menu and choose “Briefs – Years In Review” from the drop-down list.
Not currently a Blue Vault subscriber?
Call Dawn McDaniel at 877-256-2304, option 2, to find out how become one today!