Blackstone’s BREIT Records Its Biggest Advance in 6 Months
March 15, 2023 | John Gittelsohn | Bloomberg
Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust Inc., the Blackstone Inc. fund for affluent individual investors, reported its biggest monthly total return in six months as February’s dividend payments and rising rents offset a decline in property valuations.
BREIT’s lowest-fee share class had a total return of 0.7% for the month, bringing trailing 12-month returns to 5.7%, according to a report posted Tuesday. The share class posted an 8.4% gain in all of 2022 and a 30.2% increase in 2021.
Growth slowed last year as rising interest rates undercut real estate values and the tide of investor inflows reversed into a torrent of redemption requests. BREIT restricted withdrawals for the four months through February as redemption demand exceeded monthly and quarterly limits.
- Blackstone’s BREIT Records Its Biggest Advance in 6 Months
- Extra Space Storage Adds Ten Additional Stores to Third-Party Management Platform Through Ongoing Partnership with NexPoint Storage Partners
- Capital Square Acquires Build-for-Rent Townhome Community Near Raleigh for DST Offering
- Blackstone blocked investor withdrawals from $71 billion REIT in February
- Cantor Fitzgerald and Silverstein Properties Announce the Closing of a $165 Million Construction Loan for 44-01 Northern Boulevard in Astoria
Blue Vault helps me to stay well informed on the financial status of both open and closed nontraded REITs and BDCs, so that I can help my clients better understand the product, before they make the decision to invest and after.